I am trying to get the Wireless device software upgrade to work, but cannot get it done. Here is my testing environment:
- Windows 2003 SP2
- Domino 7.0.3 / BES 4.1 SP5
- BlackBerry 8700 handheld (22.214.171.124) and BlackBerry 8820 handheld (126.96.36.199)
What i did:
- activated 2 users on the test BES
- installed updated versions of the 4.5.x device software for 8700 and 8820 on my BES
- created 2 software configurations, 1 which has the 8700 files selected and 1 which have the 8820 files selected.
- assigned the 8700 software configuration to the 8700 device and assigned the 8820 software config to the 8820 user.
- checked the wireless software upgrades policy, all set to default
- used options > advanced options > wireless upgrade to check for updates
on both devices
- tried to use the Deploy Software function from the BlackBerry Manager, but that did not make a difference
Whatever i try, the device keeps telling me there are no updates available. I have waited for 12 hours to see if BES would push the new version by itself, but that didnt happen.
Am i doing something wrong? I have searched for documentation on how to set this up, only found this in the Policy Reference guide for 4.1.6:
Wireless Software Upgrades policy group |
Allow Non Enterprise Upgrade IT policy rule
This rule specifies whether to permit Research In Motion® or the wireless service provider to request that the BlackBerry®
device download wireless software upgrades.
The default setting is False.
• Java® based BlackBerry device
• BlackBerry® Device Software Version 4.5
• BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Version 4.1 SP4
It only speaks about NON enterprise upgrade. No word about enterprise upgrade.