08-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Join Date: Aug 2008
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | BES and Motorola Good Sync
Please Login to Remove!
I'm looking for some suggestions.
I currently have a rather old Domino Server that is running 70 Domino users and one BB user on the free version of BES installed on the Domino Server itself. My understanding is that this 'free' version is only free for the first user, and can only support up to 10 users at most. Once you reach 11 users, one would be required to upgrade to the full BES software (which, if I understand correctly, requires it's own server).
Here are my issues:
1) I currently have 4 Treo users using Nokia's Wireless e-mail Express (WEE) product (3 of those users are Sprint users, so we had to purchase it seperately, the 4th is a VZW user and WEE is included from VZW)
2) Nokia is no longer selling subscriptions to WEE, I have contacted them several times over the past 18 months and it appears that they will not be bringing the product back (at least any time soon)
3) I have the one BB user as listed above
4) I have 6 more users who need to move to some sort of wireless PDA
5) I need to upgrade the server that Domino is running on
6) I may or may not migrate from Domino to Exchange
7) If I migrate to Exchange, it might not be for several months after the new server is in place, does this present a problem with licensing BES? (i.e. licenses for Domino vs Exchange?)
8) I may have some users who choose not to use BBs so I will need to find another solution like Motorola's Good sync software. Can I run that on the same server as BES?
The thing that I am most afraid of is running into a situation where I end up needing 3 servers
1 for Exchange/Domino
1 for BES (cause I have more than 10 users on BBs)
and 1 for Motorola Good (or some other product for Windows Mobile and Palm devices)
What can you guys suggest?