BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Abbotsford
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.359
Carrier: Telus
Posts: 59
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default OCS2007 - yet another question

Please Login to Remove!

This maybe the completely wrong are to post this.....

I have the Office Communicator Web access 2007 installed and fully functional.
I'm trying to figure out all the steps needed to integrate enterprise messaging with my BES. This ajax.dll file thats needed for OCWA, where do i get it from. I cant find it on the 2007 OCS disk. As stated earlier my ocs is fully functional via the web.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
RayGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NY
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

check C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access\ajax

In IIS Manager:

1) Right-click Web Service Extensions folder and choose 'Add a new Web service extension...'
a. Fill in the Extension name field with "Ajax"
b. Add the 'ajax.dll' from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access\ajax
c. Place a check in the Set extension status to Allowed box
d. Click OK
2) Right-click the CWA virtual Web server and choose Properties
a. Go to the ISAPI Filters tab
b. Add the 'ajax.dll' file from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access\ajax
c. Click OK
3) Right-click the CWA application from within the CWA virtual Server and choose Properties
a. Go to the Virtual Directory tab
b. Click the 'Configuration...' button
c. Under Wildcard application maps (order of implementation): click 'Insert...'
d. Insert the 'ajax.dll' file from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access\ajax
e. Click OK and OK
f. Restart the CWA virtual Web server


Regards-------
Offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Abbotsford
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.359
Carrier: Telus
Posts: 59
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have done a physical search for the ajax.dll file and it doesn't exist on the server.
Offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindgrinder View Post
I have done a physical search for the ajax.dll file and it doesn't exist on the server.
I believe all of the "ajax stuff" was for LCS 2005 integration.
We're on OCS 2007 and it's integrating fine with BES 4.1.6 ... and I never did any of the above steps related to ajax.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Abbotsford
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.359
Carrier: Telus
Posts: 59
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thats good to know. I havent installed 4.1.6 yet, just waiting for the go ahead fom our Server Manager.


Thanks
Offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

penguin,

I just downloaded the handheld client for LCS 2007. I have BES 4.1.6 installed on the server and we are using Exchange 2007 with LCS 2k7.

I have never setup this before -- LCS is working fine on workstations, but for the life of me, i have no idea why or what steps to take to get it to work on our BB? Can you (or anyone else) assist with the steps? ..or point me to the right article (though i tried that already)
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 24
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGee View Post
check C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access\ajax

In IIS Manager:

1) Right-click Web Service Extensions folder and choose 'Add a new Web service extension...'
a. Fill in the Extension name field with "Ajax"
b. Add the 'ajax.dll' from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access\ajax
c. Place a check in the Set extension status to Allowed box
d. Click OK
2) Right-click the CWA virtual Web server and choose Properties
a. Go to the ISAPI Filters tab
b. Add the 'ajax.dll' file from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access\ajax
c. Click OK
3) Right-click the CWA application from within the CWA virtual Server and choose Properties
a. Go to the Virtual Directory tab
b. Click the 'Configuration...' button
c. Under Wildcard application maps (order of implementation): click 'Insert...'
d. Insert the 'ajax.dll' file from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access\ajax
e. Click OK and OK
f. Restart the CWA virtual Web server


Regards-------

This is not working, we've tried several times and several ways.


Paul
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 24
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindgrinder View Post
This maybe the completely wrong are to post this.....

I have the Office Communicator Web access 2007 installed and fully functional.
I'm trying to figure out all the steps needed to integrate enterprise messaging with my BES. This ajax.dll file thats needed for OCWA, where do i get it from. I cant find it on the 2007 OCS disk. As stated earlier my ocs is fully functional via the web.

Any ideas?

Thanks
You do not need this file. No longer used in this version as per RIM.

Paul
Offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto
Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Does anyone else notice that if you keep your OCS logged in its a real battery killer?

Without the client running, I can go 2 1/2 days without a charge, with it running, i can hardly hit 8 hours!
Offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (Breaking Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious
Does anyone else notice that if you keep your OCS logged in its a real battery killer?

Without the client running, I can go 2 1/2 days without a charge, with it running, i can hardly hit 8 hours!
What device and OS?
(I can't see your profile on WAP)

I don't have that issue.
8310 with 4.5.0.69
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Keyscan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 140
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Be sure to have Windows Authentication enabled on your OCS server. BES requires it I believe, and if you only have Forms Based enabled, you will not be able to login via the handheld.
__________________
BES 4.1.4 - Exchange 2003
8800 and my trusty 8700r.
To change your PIN to FFFFFFFF, drop the BB in a lake.
Offline  
Old 09-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto
Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry, my profile is probably out of date as is -- I tend to like to upgrade frequently. I found it on the 8300 Curve (GSM) and now on the Bold. Surprisingly I had it fully charged this morning and its down to 20% at 6pm. On the weekend I close the IM and it doesn't have the same issue. Granted, I have 250 people on my roster.. i wonder if this is part of the effect (and why others may not be experiencing the same issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Breaking Ball)



What device and OS?
(I can't see your profile on WAP)

I don't have that issue.
8310 with 4.5.0.69
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.