BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Activation without old emails...

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I tried to search the forum for simillar post - sorry if i missed one.

I am running BES with T-Mobile UK with few users and I am starting with BES.

Recently i wiped out one BB 8100 and run enterprise activation without any problem. The thing is I did not receive old emails, which are set in BES (Prepopulation by Message Age: 5, Prepopulation by Message count: 100) and I am only receiving new emails which were sent after activation.

From what know I should be able to receive max 100 emails that are not older than 5 days, correct ??

i heared that I need to run Outlook when the activation is taking place - is that true? if yes - why? How can I find out where the problem is and how to solve it?

Any advise and help much appreciated.

Tomasz
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozajaczkowski View Post
Recently i wiped out one BB 8100 and run enterprise activation without any problem. The thing is I did not receive old emails, which are set in BES (Prepopulation by Message Age: 5, Prepopulation by Message count: 100) and I am only receiving new emails which were sent after activation.
Pre-population only occurs if you are activating a brand new user account on BES, or if you're activating a new PIN (device) for an existing user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozajaczkowski View Post
i heared that I need to run Outlook when the activation is taking place - is that true?
That's absolutely not true at all.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So, to use the prepopulation field for old/existing users I need to remove them from BES along with their data, add again to bes and run the activation, am i right??

What to do if I need to re-activate the existing user with existing BB and make sure that prepopulation will take effect??

Is there any bad side of deleting them from BES ??
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozajaczkowski View Post
So, to use the prepopulation field for old/existing users I need to remove them from BES along with their data, add again to bes and run the activation, am i right??

What to do if I need to re-activate the existing user with existing BB and make sure that prepopulation will take effect??

Is there any bad side of deleting them from BES ??
If you need to reactivate the same device for an existing user, and want pre-population, the user should be deleted from the BES, the device wiped, the user added back, and the device activated.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.