SRP keys, version upgrade and licensing costs
i have a customer who currently runs the 4.0 BES version. He asked for an upgrade to the 4.1 version but it seems the initial installation contains several errors on the SQL configuration that won't be solved with a simple upgrade.
According to my limited BES knowledge, the following options are possible
1) Completely remove the previous version and start a new install from scratch. This means total service interruption and a complete client re-configuration.
2) Completely remove the previous version and re-install the 4.0 version and then upgrade to 4.1 SP6. Again, service interruption and client re-configuration.
3) Install another BES parallel to the first one. Migrate the clients to the new one, fix the old one (using method 1 or 2) and migrate them again to the initial server.
Here are my concerns regarding these solutions.
1) Does this mean we have to purchase a full new BES 4.1 license?
2) Will this take really longer in work hours compared to a full install to 4.1 from scratch?
3) Can we have a temporary free BES license from RIM to use for the temporary server?
The main issues being service interruption, client migration and most importantly, the difference in pricing between an 4.0 to 4.1 BES upgrade license and a full 4.1 license (upgrade being around 800 euros and full version around 2,5k).
if by any chance, someone offers another solution, it'll get a warm welcome :)
Thanks a lot for your help!
Funk the BES newb.
you can purchase a temp SRP key. which allows you to set up a BES server for 90 dyas use
Buy 4.1.6 and get the free service call to RIM and have them look at your DB to fix it.
Lucky me I have not used mine yet. (crossing fingers)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.