09-10-2008, 05:56 AM
Join Date: May 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Supported Migration Path?
Please Login to Remove!
Currently we have the following setup
BES version 4.1.4 and SQL 2000 Enterprise running on the same hardware (old server)
We wish to separate the two services onto two new servers
We will install BES 4.1.6 (have another license) and SQL 2005 Standard on the two new servers
1) We will stop the old services BES (4.1.4) and SQL 2000
2) Migrate the database from old SQL 2000 Enterprise to new SQL 2005 Standard
3) re-connect the old BES (4.1.4) to the SQL 2005
4) new BES (4.1.6) will also be connected to the SQL 2005
5) Then we will migrate our users from old BES (4.1.4) to new BES (4.1.6)
Q1) Is this supported?
Q2) Can we connect two different versions of BES to the same database?
Q3) Should we upgrade the old version BES 4.1.4 to 4.1.6 and then have the same versions of BES connected to the database?
Lots of internal issues with engineers on the correct path!