BES not consistently showing the Active Carrier
I noticed that the BES also keeps track of the Active Carrier which I supposed is the carrier the device is currently connected to; I find this information very useful since my users travel a lot.
The problem is that only a handful of accounts on my BES show the Active Carrier while for the majority of them the field is blank.
I have been looking at all the options on the devices and also at all the IT Policy options but I could not find a way to enable this feature. I assume it must be enabled on the device but I might be wrong.
Anyone has any idea?
Thank you all.
Have a blank user pull the battery and see after a reboot if it updates. If not you likely will have to wipe the device and reactivate.
I am one of those users whose Active Carrier field is not getting populated. I have already tried both suggestions in the past with no luck. Even deleting the account and re-creating it didn't do the trick.
This may not be fixable. Did you find this thread in your search?
Thanks man, for the thread, it worked! I cannot believe that something as simple as resending the service books did the trick.
Now, according to the thread, the active carrier info will eventually disappear... will post back in a couple of days.
Thank you again
I gave up on it, but weird thing is most of my 4.5 BB's are showing up ok at the moment.
Confirmed. The Active Carrier does disappear after some time.
After a few days the Active Carrier field is again blank for all my users except two of them.
Too bad this information does not stick, I find it useful to know which carrier my constantly moving users are on, but I would hate to have to keep sending the Service Books.
Regarding the two users for which Active Carrier is still showing, their devices are plain old 8100s, no special configuration, no special IT Policy, no 4.5 OS.
By the Way, my server is version 4.1.4 - perhaps more recent version of the BES software did address the issue? Not a good reason to upgrade though when everything else is working perfectly.
FWIW I didn't have this problem with the 8700s, v4.1, we had for the initial trial period. When we went live everyone, well 4 people, migrated to Pearls, v4.3, and the problem has persisted since. It also affects our Curves, v4.2.
I gave a second look at the BES and it turnes out that the two users for which the Active Carrier is still showing are the only two users running Device OS version 220.127.116.11 - everyone else is on a more recent OS version.
Don't know whether this means anything.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.