Search is your friend =)
(I can't post links. Not enough posts yet)
I have installed a BES server on over 25 SBS 2003 machines and I have one finishing now (the bb is at 98%) |
The entire install to activation time on a SBS 2003 machine should be no more than 20 minutes tops if you know what you are doing.
As for the SQL install I have stopped using MSDE 2000a and moved over to MSDE 2005 Express.
This is what you do to make it simple.
1) Download the software to C:\Downloads
2) Open a command prompt and go to C:\Downloads
3) Run this command C:\Downloads\SQLEXPR32.exe -X
4) A prompt will open asking you where to Extract the program (C:\MSDE2005)
5) From the SAME command prompt browse to C:\MSDE2005
6) Run this command setup INSTANCENAME="blackberry" SAPWD="password" (this is a copy/paste from a blackberry support e-mail from 2005)
7) *VERY IMPORTANT* When it opens the installer for MSDE 2005 UNCHECK the Hide Advanced Options. Continue clicking next in the install until it comes to the point where it asks about Authentication. Selected MIXED MODE and enter "password" as the password.
8) When it comes time in the install you will see SERVERNAME you add \blackberry to make it SERVERNAME\blackberry