Hi. My Corporation is currently running BES 4.1.5 with an environment of 8310 handhelds running 220.127.116.11. A relatively new user has updated their contacts via the desktop but this has not replicated on the device. I have tried the following: -
i) deleted then undeleted the desktop sync service book
ii) turned off then re enabled wireless sync
iii) resent service books
Apart from this everything else appears to be working. Have just tried switching off wireless sync for address book on the server and will re enable to see what that does.
Apart from re activating the device is there anything else I can try
You don't say if you're on Exchange so this may or may not help! I can't say why this has worked for me but it has on 2 or 3 occasions with 8100 or 8300 series BB.
Try making a new contact on the BlackBerry and save it. Make sure it shows in their Outlook. In about 10 or 15 minutes you should be able to go back to the BB and see the new contacts they created in their Outlook. For some reason that seems to "kick start" the contact sync and I haven't heard from them again. I usually wait until the listed items in their Outlook Contacts matches the Listed items in their BlackBerry (under options in the address book).
its happening to myself as well as one other user, he has a 8820, and i have the 8700. nothing has been changed, since it was last working a couple weeks ago(at least on my device), until i started to trouble shoot the issue. Lord knows what he has done to his, but i did try wiping it and setting it up again, with no change(for his) as advised by my "admin".
I was thinking more of changes (patches etc) on the server rather than the BBs. But that would need evidence that it is affecting even more users. Have a dig if you can and see if it affecting more ppl than you realise. Then we can look towards server changes (file mismatches etc).
I was a BES and Exchange admin once.
Then my world turned Blue.