BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 64
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Maxmium Security Timeout not working

Please Login to Remove!

I created a policy (see below) with a security time out of 60 minutes. Not all of the devices are receiving the 60 minutes but instead keeping a 2 minute or the old 30 minute timeout. This is happening on both 7290s and 7100gs.

Running BES 4.0.2. Does anyone have any ideas?

HANDHELD POLICY SETTINGS:
IT Policy Name = "Company-Users"
Password Required = TRUE
Minimum Password Length = 6
User Can Disable Password = FALSE
Maximum Security Timeout = 60
Maximum Password Age = 180
User Can Change Timeout = FALSE
Password Pattern Checks = 2
Common Policy Group:
Set Owner Info =
"COMPANY"
"ADDRESS"
Lock Owner Info = 3
Password Policy Group:
Maximum Password History = 5

DESKTOP POLICY SETTINGS:
Offline  
Old 10-25-2005, 03:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Did you create a policy or simply change the existing one? I'm assuming you've tried to manually send the policy back to them, as well? Does the status show Applied Successfully afterwards?
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline  
Old 10-26-2005, 04:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Dustbin30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London
Model: 7230
Posts: 108
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woogs
Maximum Security Timeout = 60
What you've created there is a MAXIMUM Security timeout. That just means they can't have anything longer than 60 minutes. They can however have shorter. What you need to set is the option "Set Password Timeout" under the Password Policy Group. You should uncheck the Maximum Security Timeout as well. This should sort it.
Offline  
Old 10-26-2005, 07:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 64
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the info.

I have removed the Maximum timeout and changed the Set Password Timeout to be 60 minutes and applied the policy but it still is not updating on the users device. I have tried both a new policy and editting the existing policy. The security option shows the policy was received.
Offline  
Old 10-26-2005, 07:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 64
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do I need to have the user manually change the option to 60 minutes (which they can now do after I turned off Maximum Password Timeout)? I would have thought the server would push out the 60 minute change to everyone.
Offline  
Old 10-26-2005, 07:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 64
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry looks to be working now, just took longer than I thought to apply.

Thanks for all the help - the Set Password timeout fixed it.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.