BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/)
-   -   No Exchange Connection After Update (http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/180283-no-exchange-connection-after-update.html)

sleapz 03-09-2009 03:42 PM

No Exchange Connection After Update
 
I apologize if this is newbish, but any help is appreciated.
Last night we updated our BES to the latest service pack (4.1.6.9) and now BES cannot connect to our exchange server. The update also created a MDS-CS_1 server. Also, in the event viewer there are countless Warning messages saying that the Blackberry Synchronization Service and ExchangeConnector are unable to connect. Our box is using MS Server 2003...
I've attached a portion of the Sync Log that caught my eye:


00:00:00.128):{0x7C8} [ENV] BlackBerrySyncServer Version 4.1.6.9
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.128):{0x7C8} [ENV] BES Service Name: BlackBerry Synchronization Service
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.128):{0x7C8} [ENV] BlackBerry Dispatcher: NOT FOUND
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.128):{0x7C8} [ENV] BlackBerry User Administration Service: NOT FOUND
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.128):{0x7C8} [ENV] BlackBerry MDS Connection Service: NOT FOUND
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.128):{0x7C8} [ENV] BlackBerry Database Consistency Service: NOT FOUND
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.128):{0x7C8} [ENV] BlackBerry Policy Service: NOT FOUND
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] BlackBerry Synchronization Service: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\SyncServer\BlackBerrySyncServer.exe, Version: 4.1.6.9
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] BlackBerry Router: NOT FOUND
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] BlackBerry Controller: NOT FOUND
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] BlackBerry Alert: NOT FOUND
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] Unable to find BlackBerry Attachment Service Version information
[35015] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] Total number of requests for connections: 151
[35013] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] Connection count high water mark since service was started: 2
[35014] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] Number of waits for connections since service was started: 0
[35019] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] [DB] Database Schema Version: 4.1.6 <4.1.2.2008.05.07>
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] [DB] Connection String = Server=BES Server Name;Database=BESMgmt;Trusted_Connection=Yes
[30000] (03/09 00:00:00.144):{0x7C8} [ENV] [DB] DBMS Name = Microsoft SQL Server; DBMS Version = 08.00.0760; Provider Name = sqloledb.dll; Provider Friendly Name = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server; OLE DB Version = 02.70; Provider Version = 08.10.1830
[45001] (03/09 00:02:41.235):{0x974} [BIPP] Connecting to "BES Server Name"
[40000] (03/09 00:02:41.235):{0x974} BIPPeClient::Connect: Found 1 addresses for host "BES Server Name"
[40000] (03/09 00:02:41.235):{0x974} BIPPeClient::Connect: Host " BES Server Name " @ [BES Server Address]
[40000] (03/09 00:02:41.235):{0x974} BIPPeClient::Connect: Trying " BES Server Name " @ [BES Server Address]
[20000] (03/09 00:02:42.157):{0x974} BIPPeClient::Connect: Error calling host " BES Server Name " [BES Server Address] (10061)
[20000] (03/09 00:02:42.157):{0x974} [BIPP] Connection failed
[36012] (03/09 00:02:42.157):{0x974} [SYNC-SRP] Connection attempt with BES Server Name failed

knottyrope 03-09-2009 03:46 PM

Did you install it as BESAdmin?

stuwhite 03-10-2009 06:34 AM

Do the services it can't find actually exist? There was a post on here the other day about the SP or MR for GW wiping out services.

sleapz 03-10-2009 12:13 PM

Actually no, they don't... strange thing but the patch erased all of the services that it couldn't find (go figure). Ended up doing a uninstall/reinstall and repatch at which point I switched the DB over to a backup I had made and magically everything started working again. And yes, it was installed as BESAdmin.

The only thing that I can think of is that I installed it using RDP and used mstsc instead of mstsc /console to RDP to the server, which completely escaped me until several hours into the ordeal.

RadHaz75 03-10-2009 12:17 PM

are you sure the installation completed the first time through? a lot of times when i upgrade my servers it tells me it can't remove certain services and to reboot and then relaunch the installer to continue. after i reboot the services are gone until i launch the installer again to complete the upgrade.

its possible this is what could have happened to you if you were breezing through the install and might not have noticed this.

stuwhite 03-10-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleapz (Post 1314566)
The only thing that I can think of is that I installed it using RDP and used mstsc instead of mstsc /console to RDP to the server, which completely escaped me until several hours into the ordeal.

Nah I doubt it. I do all my BES work using mstsc and never use the /console switch. I think whatever happenend on that other thread I couldn't find happened to you. The curse of MR4 strikes again....

knottyrope 03-10-2009 12:23 PM

I have had to relaunch the installer because SNMP was running.

Now I remember to stop it and BES services before patching.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.