Tracking websites visited.
Is there a way to track the websites that a user visited on the Blackberry device?
Look in the MDAT log file.
Is that on the handheld or the server?
All your logs should be on your BES
Yep, it is on the server.
I looked through the MDAT log files, and I didn't see any useful data.
You should see something like this:
I would check that HTTP & Verbose HTTP Logging is switched on for your BES, the following instructions may be useful:
To enable HTTP logging for the BlackBerry Mobile Data Service, complete the following steps:
Assuming you are on BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1+
1. In BlackBerry Manager, select the <Server Name>_MDS-CS service.
2. On the Connection Service tab, click Edit Properties.
3. On the Logs tab, verify that IPPP logging enabled is set to true, set both the HTTP Logging Enabled and the Verbose HTTP Logging Enabled drop-down lists to True.
4. Click Apply, and then click OK.
You may need to restart MDS_CS service for this to take effect, then test by surfing the internet on a BES connected BlackBerry
1) IPPP is already enabled but HTTP Logging and Verbose HTTP Logging are *not* enabled. I enable them and test.
2) Look deeper into the MDAT log file, I do find something like below. However, it's still not that descriptive because it doesn't tell you who the user is.
2009-03-16 10:47:39.687 CET>::<MDS-CS_BES_MDS-CS_2>:<DEBUG>:<LAYER = IPPP, EVENT = Receiving, TAG = 1202351701, DEVICEPIN = xxxxxxxx, USERID = xxx, VERSION = 16, CONNECTIONID = 812881151, SEQUENCE = 0, TYPE = CONNECTION-REQUEST, CONNECTIONHANDLER = httpc, PROTOCOL = TCP, PARAMETERS = [www .google. ch:80], SIZE = 1197>
3) BB has two browsers. I'm wondering what is the difference between them.
The user detail is there, but it's the PIN of the HH itself. One browser will go via your BES the other direct over the carrier, which is not logged by your BES.
Not to hijack this thread, is there an easy way of finding out how much traffic passed through the BES and what users did the most browsing?
I need to create some sort of usage report on a monthly basis for a customer and am having no luck on finding out how to do it.
Thanks in advance
"One browser will go via your BES the other direct over the carrier, which is not logged by your BES."
On the BB, how do you determine which browser you're using?
Go to your browser, then Options > General Properties > Default Browser
The individual bookmarks can contain a browser type as well.
Found it. Thanks a lot.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.