03-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Nov 2008
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Need help and advice
Please Login to Remove!
I request your advice. I bought a BB 8310 from e-bay. It is from T-Mobile, but my service provider in India is Vodafone.
Everything was fine and oneday I decided to upgrade the OS to 4.5. I did not delete the vendor.xml and proceeded with the upgrade. The device is now unusable.
Let me trace the steps that I did after the upgrade:
1. Inserted my SIM.
2. The device boots.
3. I enter the password and the device lets me in.
4. I noticed that the device is not connected to the network.
5. I went to setup wizard and I think in Step 3 it asked me whether I want to connect to network. I say yes and device is now connected to the network.
6. In Step 4, I tried to setup the Time Zone and date. The device now goes to sleep!
Now, it is dead and doesnot respond to the keyboard and the display is black.!
I tried a hard reset (pulling the battery off), the device starts off with a progress bar "Security Software check", completes it with a message "Test passed successfully" and comes with traditional options - Unlock, Emergency call, Cancel. When I press any button or use track ball - the device does not respond!
Some more symptoms for diagnosis:
1. I see EDGE.
2. I called my mobile from landline - It wakes and rings. However, I cannot answer!
3. Responds to the desktop and Sync works.
4. Able to recieve the mails from my enterprise server.
5. The device has T-Mobile label but my service provider is Vodafone.
I did not approach my BES admin yet. Is it because of the IT policy that is preventing the system to respond?
Please advise me.