I am running in the issue to get an error in the log that the Bind failed whenever I try to do a lookup in my addressbook.
I would love to provide a separate LDAP server for our BES users.
Currently I am testing the following environment:
- Active Directory on Windows 2000
- Anonymous LDAP enabled
- BES Exchange 22.214.171.124
- Users/Mailboxes hosted on Zimbra NE 5.0.13
- Connection between Zimbra and BES by Zimbra ZCS 5.0.2683.13
Everything worked fine with the Zimbra/BES setup. Right now lookups do not work anymore after I was trying to include an additional LDAP (Windows 2000 AD) in the lookup.
- I started by following the RIM article KB03193, being told in the logfile "LDAP PIM search is disabled".
- I then added the registry values as described in the BES help "Configuring address lookup support in a hosted environment": "LDAP: Bind failed"
Of course I checked that I can browse the LDAP anonymously...
Any hints/ideas on that?