Here’s the setup:
2 BES server 4.1.5 MR2 one SQL 2005 database remote
Exchange 2003 SP2 though Exchange 2007 SP1 rollup 7.
900 handheld units
I had one BES server that had about 900 accounts. I setup a new BES in a different datacenter same version, same MR level. They both are using the same SQL 2005 DB for quick user movement in case of DR situation. I am in the process of moving units from the original BES to the new one to divide the load. When I move an 8830 or 8703e the move is so seamless the user has no idea that it has happened. However if I move an 8830 (Curve) or 8130 (Pearl) the enterprise activation icon appears and states initializing activation and does nothing. Even if you run EA on that unit again it will run, finish and state that is done, and then go right back to “initializing activation” again.
Now if I move a 8330 or 8130 to the new BES and have the person delete all the desktop service book and I push them out via the BES, EA just runs by its self and finishes and is done, then states the unit was activated on that date. In both scenarios the unit can send and receive mail just fine and seems to have no other issues.
I have called RIM and they are unsure as of this time.
Thanks for your help.