Originally Posted by jerrypd
I have a bb BES server running with 10 users. with ONLY ONE user, I am having an issue where when an email comes in and it is then either read at the desktop or on the BB curve, the other does not show that it has been read. i.e. if he reads it on the curve, the desktop shows it unread and if he reads it on the desktop, the curve shows it as unread.
All other synching seems to be working fine, and I cannot find it!
any help would be appreciated!
Sounds like a client specific problem. So check PIM synch set correctly on his BES profile and also try working through below list on the Blackberry itself in conjunction with server:
1) Go into options - email reconciliation - wireless synchronisation on the handset and make sure server and mailfile is dominant and that deletion occur both places. Save see if that makes a difference
2) In same place switch off wireless synchronisation and then save off. Then switch back on and save - sometimes this seems to jog the queue.
3) If both above fail then in options -security then general settings highlight desktop and then choose regenerate encryption keys from the menu list.
4) Try resending service books for mail and IT Policies associated with device
5) If all else fails wipe the device , reload firmware to latest version and then reactivate.