This may at first seem to be a strange request but I would like to be able to make my Blackberry Bold more secure.
Some basic config info.
1. We are running on a corporate BES server
2. We have an IT policy which has been set by the company and is locked down.
3. I have full domain admin privileges and access to the BES, although not an IT expert/proffesional.
What I want:
1. I want to make the contents of the phone as secure as possible. Content protection and encryption are already enabled. Is it possible to use a key not stored on the BES to protect this from anyone who may have server admin access. ? Or would this prevent it working?
2. I would like to encrypt all data communications such as email and IM, SMS so that it can not be read in the logs on the servers by any administrators or IT staff.
3. Ideally prevent any logging on my phone being reported to the BES, or if any IM content or SMS is reported it is encrypted.
4. Not to change the IT policy, as I do not want the IT team to know it is configured any differently.
I know there are lot of questions here and some of them may seem a little odd, but basically I would like the contents of my phone to remain private and secure.
If any expert out there can help it would be great. Also if there are any other tips to keep my berry safe secure and private i would be happy to hear them.
I have done a fair bit of googleing on this subject and not uncovered much.