09-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
| | QQ - Usefulness of the Database Notification System
Please Login to Remove!
Contemplating installing DBNS, just wanna gather experience for those who have installed it. Does it really works as it claims?
The Database Notification System is designed to reduce the number of database queries made by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to the BlackBerry Configuration Database. If running BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.1with a remote SQL server, install manually the Database Notification Systemby completing the following procedure:
1. Extract the BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation software to a temporary location.
2. Copy the RimEsp.dll file to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn.
3. In SQL Query Analyzer, browse to the \Database\DBInstallScripts\SQLServer\4.1 folder of the extracted installation software from Step 1.
4. Open the NotifyInstall.sql file and replace <_DATABASENAME_> with the name of your BlackBerry Configuration Database.
5. Run the script.
6. Confirm the Query Analyzer displays the message "Function dbo.xp_RIM_xxxx registered".
Native but 4th class citizen of a nation governed by idiots who import congestions & contention.