Hello BES Admin Experts!
I am an exchange administrator (2007 SP2) for an organization with about 6,500 users spread over two counties and 100+ locations. We have about 100 Blackberry users that currently access their mailboxes via IMAP configuration on their Blackberries. They are using various cell phone providers. These users could benefit from a BES Express implementation as it would provide push email and contact/calendar syncing.
I have no previous experience with BES, so I have some questions that I hope you can help me with:
- What are the downsides of implementing BES Express?
- How needy is BES Express? Is it a support-hungry time-pit or a install-and-forget type of thing?
- Will my users need to change their cell plans with their carriers? BIS to BES plans?
- Our Exchange implementation does not include public folders. Does BES Express require them or is that just a option?
- Will implementing BES Express cause problems with the user's other existing email accounts, such as a home account or Yahoo?
Thanks in advance,