BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default BES 5.0 cannot add new users after Exchange crash

Please Login to Remove!

Our Exchange 2010 database crashed and had to be recreated. I had BES 5.0 SP1 with MR2 installed and working fine with our Exchange 2010 server that was setup back in early January. Due to issues with corrupt e-mail that was transferred over from Exchange 2007, our database corrupted (we only had one) and I went ahead and created a new database, pointed all users over to it then started restoring database to it from a backup. Everything is working fine with the restore and user's mailboxes work fine from Outlook.

The problem now is how do I get the BES to reconnect? I edited the MAPI profile to make sure it found the BESAdmin profile on the server and it worked fine. Then I tried to remove and readd users which it pulled in from the GAL and had no problems with that.

My issue now is all blackberry devices hang at activating. I tried it on existing users, on users I removed and readded, and even tried to add a brand spanking new user and it worked fine. I also disabled the NIC on this server so that it stopped communicating and brought up a new Server 2008 R2 server with BES 5.0 SP1 and installed MR2. I followed all BES Pre-install and post-install requirements verifying that permissions were setup properly, DNS was configured correctly, and SRP checks and other tests perform correctly in the BES.

I have a ticket I opened with RIM about this issue but figured I would post it incase someone has an idea.

My one question since this is a new server, does something happen since this is a second BES with the same SRP ID? Although the second one is now offline and will be terminated?
Offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

After typing all this up I reran some of the permission changes and also booted up the old server, uninstalled BES completely retried activation on the new one and everything is working.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.