Originally Posted by wired4net
Hi KOR, thanks for replying. Yes, we have a support contract and case open. I think we have identified the problem to be with one specific public folder and could be down to the MIS system exporting the contacts. Currently we have 4 public folders with around 3750 contacts sync'd with the handhelds. We did experience issues where all the contacts have downloaded then mysteriously all deleted. RSET sorted this problem. One last thing to say, we dragged the problem public folder into contacts and all the problem public folders came down as a subfolder within contacts - bizarre!
Kinda sounds like you've got a corrupt record in the public folder you mentioned as being problematic. Don't know if that's the case for sure, but there's a way you can find out. The way I'd do it:
- Wipe all contacts from a BlackBerry - test device or otherwise
- Add a contacts folder to a user account - not a public folder
- Copy 1/2 of the problem folder's contacts into this new folder
- Do a wired sync with the new folder that has 1/2 the records from the public folder
- If there are no sync errors, you know these records are good. Do the same with the other half
Doing this will allow you to isolate any corrupt records. It sounds tedious, but it doesn't take as long as you might think. If it a corrupt record, the problem is likely something like a letter in a number only field or something similar. And, you mentioned dragging the public folder. I would suggest that you never drag 'n drop folders, contacts, mail, etc. This can sometimes cause sync problems.