BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
cjs
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Model: 8707
Carrier: O2
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Messages only being delivered to handheld once an hour

Please Login to Remove!

We have recently upgraded our BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Lotus Domino from 4.1.x to 5.0.1.

We now have a problem and it could have been a problem since the upgrade that some users are only getting emails delivered to their BlackBerry devices once an hour.

We have users on 3 different Domino servers and all of the people on one of these servers experience this problem. All of the users on the other Domino servers get their email delivered straight away, as soon as it is delivered to their mailbox.

If I do a Tell BES quit and Load BES the messages are then sent to the BlackBerry devices for these users but then any new messages wait for 1 hour after the Domino BES task was restarted before being delivered, then another wait of one hour.

Any idea why this is happening.

I have only noticed it since BES was upgraded to 5.0.1 and I think it is possible that it has been happening all the time since the upgrade.
Offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
nike9090's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Model: 9810
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 65
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Issue was resolved in 5.0.1

Are you certain that the version installed in 5.0.1 ?

We did face this issue, which was resolved in a MR. Upgrade to 5.0.2 and it should be fine.
Offline  
Old 07-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
cjs
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Model: 8707
Carrier: O2
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Still a problem

Yes it was 5.0.1.
I have upgraded to 5.0.1 MR2 - still had the problem
Now upgraded to 5.0.2 - and still a problem
Offline  
Old 07-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
cjs
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Model: 8707
Carrier: O2
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes there was a MR to resolve this issue, it was 5.0.0 MR1. But you also need the IBM Domino Patch for SPR #PLOR75FK3G.

It affects Domino Servers running 8.0.0 through to 8.5 where the mail file in the person document does not match the case of the mail file (including path) at the OS. In my case the person documents had mail\filename.nsf but at the OS level the mail folder had a capital M.

I have corrected the case in the person documents and also put missing .nsf extensions on where they were not listed in the person document. I will see if that fixes the problem.

If not then there is a registry hack for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to stop it using the new more efficient Domino 8 API NSFGetDBChanges().

Also Domino 8.0.2 FP2 or newer servers have the fix in them. When I can get some downtime I will upgrade the Domino servers.

See IBM TechNote 1390932 http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...rss=ct463lotus
and RIM KB18171 http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...rnalId=KB18171

Last edited by cjs : 07-21-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Offline  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
cjs
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Model: 8707
Carrier: O2
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I corrected the case of the Mail path in the person documents restarted the Domino BES tasks at the Domino console and it all started working again like magic.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.