Please be nice to me as I am new here. I hope I am posting this in the right section.
My issue here is basically I am trying to follow the instrcutions outlined in KB15535 (I couldn't not link it here as I am under 10 posts but I am including the steps here from the KB for your convenience:
* BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0.0
Complete the following steps:
1. Download the ATTValueAddedApplications-PolicyPack.zip file attachment and unzip it to a temporary folder on the local computer hosting the BlackBerry Manager.
2. Open BlackBerry Administration Service.
3. From the BlackBerry Solution Management panel, expand Policy.
4. Click Manage IT Policy Rules.
5. Click Import IT Policy Definitions.
6. Browse to the temporary folder where the ATTValueAddedApplications-PolicyPack.zip file was unzipped.
7. Select the ITPolicyTemplate04242008.xml file.
8. Click Save.
When the import process is complete, the following message appears:
The IT policy definitions have been updated.
Step #5 is the problem as I don't see it avaialble to me which I am thinking becaue I am using the express version. (someone correct me please if I am mistaken).
I researched a lot and foud out that some recommending to utilize the LoadBesMetaData tool to import the It policy template which I attempted but when I run the tool, I am getting this error:
C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\ValueAddedApplications-PolicyPack\A
TTValueAddedApplications-PolicyPack>LoadBESMetaData.exe -i ITPolicyTemplate04242
Reading input file 'ITPolicyTemplate04242008.xml'. Please wait...
Parsing ITPolicy XML document for Default language data.
ERROR: Database version unavailable or unsupported by this tool. Aborting.
I am using the tool I downloaded from the KB which happens to be version 22.214.171.124.
I am thinking it's possible that I can't import it either because I am using the Express version of BES OR the there is some database version incompatibility issues.
I was hoping some one could assist me here by showing me how to import policies in BES express and whether I am completely doing the wrong thing here and there are other ways of doing this right.
I will really appreciate all your inputs here. Thanks in advance and I hope to get a warm welcome here