Originally Posted by dding0919
Plan to migrate users from 4.1.7 to 5.0.2.
1) where can I install Transporter, on bes 5 or bes 4.1 or even on a server not running bes or even a workstation?
Transporter is part of the Migration Kit from RIM. Contact them for your kit.
2) do I need to install user administration tool to use Transporter?
D/L the Migration Kit.
3) I heard must install user administration tool first then Transporter? Is that true?
4) what will happen to the user if his migration failed? Can he still use BB on the source? Or I have to remove/add his account with an activation? If a migration fails, they stay put. You can make another attempt at another time or you can activate them on the new server. The user should still be able to operate.
5) is IT default policy assigned to everyone? I have some users in the source without any policy. I need to keep the same thing for them on the target. how can I avoid any policy assigned to them when migrating with Transporter? The Transporter will allow you to choose what policy applies to your users.
Thanks in advance.
Good luck with your migration