BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2010, 02:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9780
Posts: 79
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default da.nsf lookup issue : Directory Assistance

Please Login to Remove!

We have Directory Assistance enabled on our BES (4.1.7). We have multiple address books enabled for this and the lookups from our Blackberries work fine for these other address books.

We want to add another address book which is a part of a suite of Domino applications and is configured slightly differently but has all the views and forms that I believe are required for NamesLookup to work. We have placed this address book on another server. When I ran a test with our test environment which is using Domino 8.5.1 and our Test BES also on 8.51 and everything worked fine and the lookups were performed OK.

However our live BES is using Domino 8.02 and for various reasons we want to avoid upgrading at this time and have some space issues also with that BES server and need the new address book to be located on another server (Uses Domino 8.51)

The nameslookup is successful in retrieving the Common Name of the User in the Address Book but does not retrieve the email address or telephone details.
What are the key fields and view NamesLookup uses on a Domino Address book?

I have tried the following to try and get the remote lookup to work with our existing server setup but have been unsuccessful thus far :

1) Ensuring that the person document has all the required fields
2) Adding all views remotely associated with Names lookup from an address book that works to the External Contacts db. e.g.
All the $VIM groups
3) Adding all components used by the Person document into the External contacts db e.g.
SHARED FIELDS : LastMod, LocalAdmin, $HTMLAttributes, Owner
SUBFORMS : $LotusFaxPersonSubform

The ODS of the External Contacts on the 851 db is 43 which should be compatible with the 8.02 server doing the lookup.

1) Is there any way to fix this problem by customising the nameslookup process and database components or is the only way to upgrade our BES or place a replica of the extra external contact db on the BES Server itself.

2) Have I missed any key components of the Nameslookup process on the Domino environment?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9780
Posts: 79
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default The Solution

The problem was with the lookup views and the person document. There seems to have been a change between the old and new versions of the Domino address book to use MailAddress instead of InternetAddress as the main field in the Person Document to store the SMTP address.

Three views seem to be used by the Namelookup process from a Blackberry.

But these views referenced the person document using the field MailAddress which did not previously exist on the document. When I changed the column formular to read the InternetAddress Field rather than the MailAddress field the lookup worked fine.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Craftsman E100247 Air Compressor Run Capacitor
Craftsman E100247 Air Compressor Run Capacitor pictureKenmore STD377407 Motor Run Capacitor
Kenmore STD377407 Motor Run Capacitor pictureIcp STD378353 Dual-Motor Run Capacitor
Icp STD378353 Dual-Motor Run Capacitor pictureCylinder Shaped CBB60 10uF Motor Running Capacitor T8V8
Cylinder Shaped CBB60 10uF Motor Running Capacitor T8V8 pictureKenmore STD377335 Motor Run Capacitor
Kenmore STD377335 Motor Run Capacitor picture

Copyright 2004-2016
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.