10-28-2010, 03:33 AM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Oct 2008
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | da.nsf lookup issue : Directory Assistance
Please Login to Remove!
We have Directory Assistance enabled on our BES (4.1.7). We have multiple address books enabled for this and the lookups from our Blackberries work fine for these other address books.
We want to add another address book which is a part of a suite of Domino applications and is configured slightly differently but has all the views and forms that I believe are required for NamesLookup to work. We have placed this address book on another server. When I ran a test with our test environment which is using Domino 8.5.1 and our Test BES also on 8.51 and everything worked fine and the lookups were performed OK.
However our live BES is using Domino 8.02 and for various reasons we want to avoid upgrading at this time and have some space issues also with that BES server and need the new address book to be located on another server (Uses Domino 8.51)
The nameslookup is successful in retrieving the Common Name of the User in the Address Book but does not retrieve the email address or telephone details.
What are the key fields and view NamesLookup uses on a Domino Address book?
I have tried the following to try and get the remote lookup to work with our existing server setup but have been unsuccessful thus far :
1) Ensuring that the person document has all the required fields
2) Adding all views remotely associated with Names lookup from an address book that works to the External Contacts db. e.g.
All the $VIM groups
3) Adding all components used by the Person document into the External contacts db e.g.
SHARED FIELDS : LastMod, LocalAdmin, $HTMLAttributes, Owner
SUBFORMS : $LotusFaxPersonSubform
The ODS of the External Contacts on the 851 db is 43 which should be compatible with the 8.02 server doing the lookup.
1) Is there any way to fix this problem by customising the nameslookup process and database components or is the only way to upgrade our BES or place a replica of the extra external contact db on the BES Server itself.
2) Have I missed any key components of the Nameslookup process on the Domino environment?