11-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Join Date: Nov 2010
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Curve 8520 & BES 220.127.116.11 - reconciliation issue: 'read' mails not synched
Please Login to Remove!
A user, using Curve 8520, reports these symptoms:
- During the week, she reads quite some mails in Outlook (synched over Exchange 2007 -> BES)
- On the first work day of the next week, a lot of previously 'read' mails are again marked as 'unread' in Outlook (she reported it's always on Monday, but this week we had a holiday, the issue repeats itself on Tuesday)
- Her Curve reports some 40-ish unread mails, her Outlook reports 7 unread.
This makes me assume that:
- Outlook / Exchange / BES does not 'push' read/unread status properly to her BB
- Her BB pushes 'these mails are unread' over the weekend??
I'm quite new to the BlackBerry experience, our BES has been set up by a former colleague. I don't use the Curve. Thus, I might have missed out on a simple setting - I have little means of testing this.
We did press 'synchronize' on the Curve, but this didn't update the number of unread mails.