09-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Join Date: Sep 2011
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | BES Express 5.0.2 Installation Issues
Please Login to Remove!
I'm having grief installing BES Express 5.0.2, hoping someone can help. I am unable to pass the MAPI Settings stage of installation.
The error I receive during installation is:
The setup application could not initialize the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI client. Make sure that MAPI is installed and configured correctly and the Microsoft Exchange Server and mailbox that you specified are correct
A few things I have tried as per other posts of similar nature to this..
1. Specified a secondary DC and also Email Server as the Microsoft Exchange Server
2. Unhid the Besadmin account from GAL
3. Confirmed and Registered C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\cdo.dll to be version 6.5.7654.12
4. Copied C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\cdo.dll to C:\Windows\system32\
5. Confirmed C:\Windows\System32\Mapi32.dll to be version 6.5.7654.12
6. Deleted and Re-created the Besadmin AD User (reassigning permissions as per the documents, without Domain Admin) and logging in under a fresh profile
7. Created a "Besadmin" MAPI profile using a 3rd party tool (check name succeeded and the registry keys were created in the correct location after doing this)
I am running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition with SP2.
Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.