11-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | New BES server and CAL moves
Please Login to Remove!
Apologies if this is covered somewhere else but I'm new to BES admin and still feeling my way around. The scenario is this;
Windows 2003 server with BES 4 configured with 120 CAL's (all in groups of 10 or 5). I've built a new Windows 2008 server with BES 5.1 installed and this server currently has a temorary SRP ID and temporary 20 user CAL. I'm moving the users across (by deleting them on the V4 BES and re-creating them on the V5 server and I currently have 24 users still on BES4 and 19 users on BES5). The permanent SRP key is expected any day now and reading up on the process, I'm performing the following steps;
1) Take note of some of the CAL's on the Version 4 server and delete them
2) Edit the temporary CAL on the V5 servers to use the CAL number taken from the V4 server
3) Edit the SRP and SRP key with the newly purchased key on the V5 server
My questions are;
1) The CAL's that I'm moving are all 5 and 10's. If I move the first CAL across to replace the 20 user CAL, is that going to cause an effect due to the fact that for the 1st couple of minutes I'll have 19 users and a CAL for 10 users (the second set of 10 CAL's will be added quickly after editing the initial CAL)
2) Once the permanent SRP key is added to the V5 server, I'm assuming that the V4 server will continue to operate normally as it has a permanent SRP key all of its own
3) My method of moving the users is delete on V4, create on V5 and wipe and reconfigure the handset. The servers have separate MSDE databases. Is there a more efficient way of moving the individual user without wiping the handset?
Thanks in advance for any help