Hi, in advance of migrating from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010, I'm looking at upgrading a BES from 5.0.2 to 5.0.3, MR1.
Its hard to find any specific documentation on this, which is unfortunate for me as BES/Blackberry is just a tiny part of my job.
Would anyone have any guidance on this, if possible documentation? I've already read the "best practice for installing service packs on bes 5.0" - KB24541
and have seen basic outline guides on the web, e.g.
1. Stop all the BlackBerry Services on theBES
2. Ensure you are logged on using the BlackBerry Service Account and run the update on the BES
3. Follow the prompts of the update ensuring you just select Next\I Agree as the installer picks up all your existing settings
4. During the install you will be prompted to reboot the server > after the restart logon again using the Blackberry Service account and the install will automatic continue.
5. Once again leave all the settings as default and press Next etc until the installer completes but DO NOT select the "Start Services" option
6. Now apply MR.x for SP3 to the Primary BES and reboot the server