BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2006, 06:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 8700 - receiving everything except email

Please Login to Remove!

I have an 8700 that, after being activated, is recieving the calendar and addressbook but is not recieving the email. I can send email from it but incoming mail isn't showing up. On the BES(for Groupwise) it shows that the emails have been forwarded to the device. When i go into Folder Redirection I only have 3 options (Checklist, Sent Items, and Work in Progress)

Any ideas??
Offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 07:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
dev
CrackBerry Addict
 
dev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 571
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Try removing the service books(CMIME) from the device - here's a description of what service books are -
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...01737&vernum=5
If that does not work, then you may have to consider a wipe&load of the device.
Other options recommend pushing the service books down from the server side (wirelessly), but if the device is not receiving packets from the wireless network, chances are it wil not receive the service either.
Offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I tried deleting all of the service books and pushing them back down from the server and it reactivated and still no emails. Have also wiped it and reactivated and Nuked it and reinstalled the OS on the device and reactivated and still not getting email.
Offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
dev
CrackBerry Addict
 
dev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 571
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Then your only option is to remove the user from the BES, re-add him and have the user activate the device again either thru Enterprise Activation (if the user not able to access the DM) or thru a wired sync with the DM. You'll have to set an activation password for the user. Use something very simple (one or two letter pwd).
I recently had to go thru this exact process with, ironically enough, these same 8700s.
We have Exchange and Domino, and in several instances I've had to remove the user fro the BES and re-add the user to get complete activation. A couple of devices would crap-out after 80-90% activation and would go no further. Always seems to happen when a user does a device switch (in our case), and another funny observation, on 2 occasions when a user did switch and we eventually did a wipe&load and removed and re-added the user, the DM still prompted the user to switch devices.
Offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 08:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Memphis, TN
Model: 8800c
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev
Then your only option is to remove the user from the BES, re-add him and have the user activate the device again either thru Enterprise Activation (if the user not able to access the DM) or thru a wired sync with the DM. You'll have to set an activation password for the user. Use something very simple (one or two letter pwd).
I recently had to go thru this exact process with, ironically enough, these same 8700s.
We have Exchange and Domino, and in several instances I've had to remove the user fro the BES and re-add the user to get complete activation. A couple of devices would crap-out after 80-90% activation and would go no further. Always seems to happen when a user does a device switch (in our case), and another funny observation, on 2 occasions when a user did switch and we eventually did a wipe&load and removed and re-added the user, the DM still prompted the user to switch devices.

I have had to do a handheld wipe on the last two 8700s that were setup. They would get to 90% and just sit there. My 8700 was up and running on the BES a week after they launched with no problems.
Offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
dev
CrackBerry Addict
 
dev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 571
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Waiting a week is ok if your users are ok with that, however in our environment we've about 1400 users that are never in the same place on any given week. It would be suicide to ask one of our Execs to wait more than 1 hr after activation to have the ability to send/receive email. They translate that time in terms of loss business (contracts, merger/acquistions). The expectation is high and so is the visibility of the process.
Offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 08:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Memphis, TN
Model: 8800c
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev
Waiting a week is ok if your users are ok with that, however in our environment we've about 1400 users that are never in the same place on any given week. It would be suicide to ask one of our Execs to wait more than 1 hr after activation to have the ability to send/receive email. They translate that time in terms of loss business (contracts, merger/acquistions). The expectation is high and so is the visibility of the process.

Let me rephrase that. I got an 8700 a week after their launch and it works flawlessly on my BES. This week two users upgraded to 8700s and I had to do wipes on the handheld before I could get them activated on the BES.
Offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 08:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
dev
CrackBerry Addict
 
dev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 571
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Sorry Lud0, mis-read your post.....
Offline  
Old 02-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Fixed

Thanks Lud0... It was that the Mailbox was in hte Cabinet instead of off the root of the email. Moved it out of the cabinet and now it's recieving emails just fine.
Offline  
Old 02-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Memphis, TN
Model: 8800c
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie
Thanks Lud0... It was that the Mailbox was in hte Cabinet instead of off the root of the email. Moved it out of the cabinet and now it's recieving emails just fine.

No problem. I've seen it several times at my place of employment
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.