How did you workaround the "cdo.dll" install? I am not sure if mine is as clean as you mentioned. Also wondering if anyone else tried running BES V4.x on Windows2003 X64?
Here's my steps for what I have working:
1) Installed Win2003 X64
2) Installed Sql2005 X64
3) Installed ESM 2000 then SP3
- could not get ESM 2003 installed on x64
- no CDO.dll was installed via these steps
4) Copied CDO.DLL from our Exchange2003 server to Exch bin directory on BES
- ran regsvr32 "path_to_exch_bin/cdo.dll"
5) Installed BES v4.0, then patched to v4.0.3
So far it appears to work fine, but it's only my first day of testing. The "cdo.dll" workaround and/or ESM2000 install are still question marks for me.
Oh, when rebooting the BES, it seems to try and dbconnect to sql server before sql is ready and then fails. Manually re-starting the services works fine.
Just upgraded from v4.0.3 to v4.1.0 and everything is working fine *except* for the Blackberry Manager itself.
The Blackberry Manager v4.1.0 keeps giving a Visual C++ Runtime Error when run from the console of the Blackberry server itself. Running the Manager from another desktop connecting the Win2003 x64 BES server works fine.
Guess we might revert to v4.0.3 on Win2003 x64 for production consideration.