06-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Exton, PA
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | similar problem
hey, had similar problem when I upgraded from BESGW_4.0.3 to BESGW_4.0.4 (SP4) a week ago.
My issue was any Appointment (posted or assigned) created using GW client (6.5.7 version) would NOT sync to handheld. BUT appts on the handheld would sync to GW Client.
Contacting TSupport was very helpful. They did NOT (at this time) have a fix for my issue and there is a KNOWN issue with BES GW 4.1 and calendaring.
My resolution was to rollback to 4.0.3 (SP3 Hotfix3).
Recommended process is to (from TSupport email)
**i received a ftp login to get the BESGW_4.0.3 Full version (base plus SP3) from RIM (in step 5)
1. Stop BlackBerry Services.
2. Backup database to secure location.
3. Uninstall BlackBerry Server from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
4. Reboot server to unregister services from Service Control Manager.
5. Re-install BlackBerry Server from ftp download (ensure its besgw_4.0.3.exe, if it has name of besgwU_4.0.3.exe, it is the upgrade version and needs pre-existing version installed).
6. DO NOT start services at end of setup. It is recommended to immediately apply Hot Fix 3 for Service Pack 3. The file, besg403hf3.zip, can be found under "/BES 4.0/Hot Fixes/4.0.3 Hotfix 3" folder on ftp site.
7. At the end of the Hot Fix installation, you are free to allow Server Configuration tool to start services.
we have had NO problems since I rolled back this morning.