Originally Posted by easy-v
and it didn't work, I told him to call them back. They said the same thing, follow KB912918. Great support RIM!!! Fix your product!! You have had over a month to do so!
So I called MS Support.
MS support advised that I had to *MANUALLY* add my BES service account with SEND AS perms to all my BES users.
Anyone else have a similar experience?
Similar experience. KB912918 doesn't work. Blackberry's solution to switch off the router for 20 mins is ridiculous.
Adding the Send As permission to the service account for each user is the way to go but the only snag as you may have found out is that the permission is deleted after an hour. It's also inconvenient especially if you have many Blackberry users.
This is how it should be fixed:
1. Open AD Users and Computers
2. Select View and Advanced Settings
3. Create a Domain Local Security group at the highest OU level that contains the users accounts that have Blackberrys.
4. Add these users as members of the group.
5. Go to the Security Tab for the group.
6. Click Advanced Permissions button.
7. Click Add and select the account that you use as your BES service account.
8. On the Permissions page change the drop down for Apply Onto to read User Objects
9. Then set Send As and Read permissions
10. Make sure the Apply These Permissions to Objects Within This Container box is unchecked.
11. Click Ok out of all the permissions pages.
12. Then restart exchange system attendant to refresh the permissions cache.
13. You'll now find that the permission is inherited by all your BB users and it will now stick.
14. Throw darts at your convenient picture of Bill Gates.