08-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Join Date: Aug 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Importing old messages by reconciling with personal folders?
Please Login to Remove!
Hi all, I've got a 7780 (running 3.7 on the handheld, 4.0 on bes for exchange and desktop mgr) that ended up with a corrupted file system after doing an app load. I had to wipe the unit, but unfortunately the messages db didn't back up properly into the ipd file. So far the only solution I've found for getting messages back into the unit is by moving them out of the monitored folders into a different location, reconciling, then moving them back and reconciling. Unfortunately this user's a power user and has 400+ folders. So I'm wondering if this approach would work:
1. Wipe the handheld app data.
2. Remove the user from the BES server.
3. Export the user's mailbox to a PST.
4. Blow away desktop mgr, HKCU reg keys and App data\RIM folder in user's profile, then reinstall desktop mgr and configure for desktop redirection.
5. Configure an Outlook profile using the exported PST only.
6. Reconcile messages (hopefully this copies all message folders including inbox to the handheld).
7. Blow away desktop mgr again and user settings, then reinstall desktop mgr for bes reconciliation.
8. Add user back into BES.
9. Configure PIM sync and wireless reconciliation.
If not, are there any ideas?