09-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Join Date: Mar 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Batch Migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
Please Login to Remove!
We are planning a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Our problem is we can't do the migration all at one time. It will be done in groups of 10 users. My plan is as follows, any input suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Please let me know if my logic is sound too!
BES 22.214.171.124 connected to Exchange 2000
SQL 2000 DB (External)
Move 10 users per day to new BB server
BES 126.96.36.199 connected to Exchange 2003
SQL DB Local or External (shouldn’t matter). (I can't point to the same DB can I, that is, the one connected to Exchange 2000?)
1. Create Temporary BES on new server (Get a temporary SRP), Connect to Exchange 2003
2. Delete 10 users from BES connected to Exchange 2000
3. Add same 10 users to BES connected to Exchange 2003 (connect via Enterprise Activation either through cradle or Wirelessly)
a. Will I need to wipe handhelds out before adding to BB Server?
4. Repeat until all users are on Exchange 2003 connected BB Server
5. Deactivate BES connected to Exchange 2000
6. Change SRP on Temporary BES to Permanent SRP from Exchange 2000