Originally Posted by |||||||
I think that has been there since 4.1 base.
Hasn't been mentioned in the release notes for either 4.1.0 or 4.1.1. Needless to say, I think you'd agree that 4.1.2 was rushed out of the gates. I find it highly suspect that its public download availability just happened to be the same day as the release of the 8100 (and OS 4.2), no? And let's not even mention the image-damaging blurb: "The following issues are believed to be fixed in this software release, but have not been confirmed to be closed".
I was going to roll out 4.1.2 into my production environment until I got to that point. TSupport in Asia (shall I say, what I perceive to be an Asian-based support team - maybe they are over there, maybe not) didn't even know that 4.1.2 was released a few days after it's release. It took 4.5 months to release SP1, yet it only took 1.5 months to release SP2.
Also, that known issue alone is a fairly big bug. Assuming they knew about it since 4.1.0 (and just didn't mention it in the release notes for that release or the first service pack), I would find it quite astonishing they'd go through 2 updates w/o fixing it. It's not worded as most others with the 'under certain circumstances' so we're left to assume it happens anytime. On my test server, it's rare that I'll remove anyone aside from myself; however in production, that is another story, as I'm sure it is with most people.