10-16-2006, 04:42 AM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Mar 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
From the hard lessons I've learned getting Google Maps to wirelessly push, here's all I can suggest:
1) When apps won't remove from a device, something is usually corrupt in device's soft infrastructure. It's time to perform a hard javaloader wipe on the device, and reload it from the OS on up.
2) What got it in that state, I couldn't say, but it would also likely pay to put your push applications' structures under a magnifying glass. Verify the contents of all of the ALX files and make sure that everything in there matches up with the rest of the package contents. I got burnt at one point because in one of my GM packages, although I could have bet money otherwise, the version in my alx file didn't match the actual version of the cod files. That wound up screwing up the entire indexed push share.
Google Maps is kind of a pain because you have to have a separate package for each model, which multiplies the chances of even the simplist single error occuring, especially when you have people tugging at your sleeve for other tasks when trying to get a package together.
If my advice winds up being useless, I hope that it least triggers something in your mind that helps you break through your trouble-shooting plateau.