10-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Join Date: Jul 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In case anyone wants to know how this is done:
1.Follow RIM's instructions (have to read between the lines) and detach the database and reattach to new BES.
2. Bring the new server up. Call RIM once your SRP is disabled because is likely to happen.
3. Run the handheldcleanup utility. This is likely to only fix some of the users. Go into the SQL Tables (don't blame me if your server breaks) and repair the entries into the Userconfig table for the mailbox and exchange server it is pointing to.
4. BES Manager will still show the handhelds on the old server. Select the users to move over onto the new server and move mailbox.
5. Regenerate encryption keys manually for each user and create activation passwords.
6. Have all users reactivate their handhelds. Don't wipe them out or anything - it isn't necessary.
I know this sounds easy, but it really wasn't because RIM's knowledge base actually doesn't list all the info for the detach and reattach setup.
Oh, this may be obvious to everyone else, but if your mailbox cannot receive smtp mail (like you are in the middle of a migration) the handhelds cannot activate becaue an email is sent over smtp to the user's mailbox.