Glad to see comments updated on an old thread
Coincidently, I've bypassed this hurdle by utilizing filters on the BES. Is this an ideal solution? NO. This is an adminstration task that SHOULD have been solved through GroupWise Rules, which seem to be inconsistent. Novell Support's golden answer is to upgrade to the latest version of GroupWise 7 - nice!
Well, we're coincidently moving to GroupWise 7.0 next month so maybe I'll revisit this issue then with the rules. The point is, we'd like to keep these type of rules on the client side with minimal intervention from the server side to make it work.
For those that are interested, here's how it was configured in BES 4.0.3
Properties of USER A
1) Filters, Filter Rules, Add Filter Name (I called this "Allow List")
2) New, Properties Conditions and Action
- Filter Name: Allow List
- Enabled: True
- From: (enter allowed recipients that will get redirected to the handheld)
- Recipient Types: Sent Directly, CC, Bcc (change according to your requirements)
- Action: Forward
3) Click OK, Click OK
4) Default Action, Forward messages to handheld: False
5) Click OK
6) Done! Now test for success.