04-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Join Date: Apr 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | BB 7750 wireless calendar sync problem
Please Login to Remove!
I have a user with a new Verizon 7750 (same as mine) whose calendar will not sync wirelessly at all. The unit came with OS 3.7 and he upgraded to v 4.0 using Verizon's code. He has had several problems with service book and encryption, including the inability to send mail although he can receive without incident. Here are the steps I have taken to remedy the issues to date:
1. Created new profile for the desktop software
2. resent the service book and policy from BES 4.0
3. disabled cached mode on his Exchange 2003 mailbox
4. issued 'kill' command from BES and had him remove the battery for 3 minutes as per Verizon's advice
5. uninstalled and then reinstalled desktop v 4.0 software and used new profile
6. removed him from the BES and readded him as a user
Everything now works except for wireless calendar sync. When he tries to select wireless calendar sync in the Intellisync software he gets an error saying: "your Exchange server does not support wireless synchronization. syncing Outlook calendar instead". This is very frustrating since he and I are on the same Exchange server (along with my other BB users) and he's the only one getting the error.
Someone please help!!!