BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 85
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Read Messages

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I am experiancing a weird issue since upgrading from 4.0.5 to 4.1.2.20. Some of my users are receiving new messages but they are not marked as unread when arriving to the device.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Not sure what to do to solve.
Offline  
Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.546
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,344
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Default

What mail system?
__________________
Exchange 2007/BES 5.0.2 MR2
Offline  
Old 02-21-2007, 05:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 85
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Domino 7.0.2FP1/BES 4.1 SP2 HF3. Just upgraded Domino from 6.5.3 (read issue however occured since 4.0.5 to 4.1.2.20 upgrade).

My configuration is as follows
2 Domino BES servers (Version above)
both point to a third server which is SQL 2005 Express (Not using MDSS)
BlackberryUser Profiles (with different name) push replicated between servers.
State databases push replicated between servers. (DR)

Next steps are to disable redirection and replace the state db with the replica from the other server of the users effected and enble redirection and cross fingers.

Any other ideas?
Offline  
Old 02-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 85
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This is even stranger as I have removed the effected user from the server and added them back. I have eraseed the handheld and reloaded the handheld os (restoring nothing from the previous load) and the issue still occurs.

What is happening is the user receives messages okay. If the user opens messages as they are received there is no issue. If the user receives multiple messages over a time period when they go to look at the messages some or all of these messages are marked read. In some cases the user will have 5 unopened messages and will open one of them and all will change their status to unread.

Any ideas cause I am out of them
Offline  
Old 02-25-2007, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 85
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Does anyone know what to do on this? Calling RIM again tomorrow but am looking for other things to try
Offline  
Old 02-28-2007, 07:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7750
Carrier: att
Posts: 15
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am having the same issue. we upgraded from 4.0.5 to 4.1.1.3, We have domino 6.5.4 running on the server, the wierd part is, some users are getting them in as read, then after a while they switch back to unread!
I have resent service books and it fixes them temporarily, I have them sync to the desktop and it fixes the issue for a little while, then they go back to getting new mail as read.

Any ideas, There isn't anything out of the ordinary in the logs, the logs show that unread tables have been updated successfully. I am stumped!
Offline  
Old 02-28-2007, 08:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 31
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Have you guys taken a look at this KB article? Hope it helps.

BlackBerry Search Results
Offline  
Old 03-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 85
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yep. Cause 2 was my issue. My clients and some site servers are 6.0.2. This was not introduced until 6.0.4. I have enabled this anyway on those on servers at least 6.0.4. I have not changed the 6.0.2 client but have had zero issues and this problem is solved. Interesting enough I have never used this setting and was not effected until upgrading from 4.0.5 to 4.1.2.20
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.