BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cannot delete messages.

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

A newbie here, great forum you guys got going.


I have a problem here at work: when users delete an e-mail from there blackberry it doesn't delete from the blackberry but does delete from lotus notes.

I can delete sent items and new unopened messages just not messages that I have opened.

We are on BES 4, at the moment we have 4 blackberry’s effected and as it happens there are all BB Pearls….

Any ideas

Rgds
BB
Offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
paulbblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Might have better luck with this issue in the BES Forum.

*Moving to BES Admin Corner*
Offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Model: 8700t
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 50
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have seen similar issues with corrupt data stores on Blackberries. Backing up those messages and then restoring them back to the device fixed it for me. Well, it didn't fix all my problems but I was able to delete messages on the Blackberry again, grin.
Offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
passinginterest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by be77yb7ack View Post
Hello all,

A newbie here, great forum you guys got going.


I have a problem here at work: when users delete an e-mail from there blackberry it doesn't delete from the blackberry but does delete from lotus notes.

I can delete sent items and new unopened messages just not messages that I have opened.

We are on BES 4, at the moment we have 4 blackberry’s effected and as it happens there are all BB Pearls….

Any ideas

Rgds
BB

I've noticed a similar problem with one of my BB users. I found another thread on this that explained how to clear and restore the message database but that didn't solve the issue.

The envelope icon just stays blue. Deletes on Notes but not on handheld.
Offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by be77yb7ack View Post
I have a problem here at work: when users delete an e-mail from there blackberry it doesn't delete from the blackberry but does delete from lotus notes.
I can delete sent items and new unopened messages just not messages that I have opened.
We are on BES 4, at the moment we have 4 blackberryxxx8217;s effected and as it happens there are all BB Pearlsxxx8230;.
Any ideas
Rgds
BB
This is a known issue with BES 4 on Lotus Domino, and has been discussed in several threads here.
The issue was addressed by RIM in BES 4.1.3, HF1.
You should patch your BES to that level.

You will most likely need to wipe and reactivate the Pearls as well, after you patch the BES.

Livelink - Redirection
Under Fixed Issues, you'll be concerned with SDR 118832.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org

Last edited by penguin3107 : 05-04-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
passinginterest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
This is a known issue with BES 4 on Lotus Domino, and has been discussed in several threads here.
The issue was addressed by RIM in BES 4.1.3, HF1.
You should patch your BES to that level.

You will most likely need to wipe and reactivate the Pearls as well, after you patch the BES.

Livelink - Redirection
Under Fixed Issues, you'll be concerned with SDR 118832.
Does this apply to BES 4.0.4.5 which is the version I'm using (only upgraded to this version 3 weeks ago, maybe we're a bit behind in Ireland)? We have about 10 Pearls and about 80 BB's overall on our BES so far only 1 Pearl with this issue. Could it be something else?
Offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
Does this apply to BES 4.0.4.5 which is the version I'm using (only upgraded to this version 3 weeks ago, maybe we're a bit behind in Ireland)? We have about 10 Pearls and about 80 BB's overall on our BES so far only 1 Pearl with this issue. Could it be something else?
I'm honestly not too sure if it affects BES 4.0.x.
I went right from 2.2 to 4.1, sorry.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.