If I had to guess, it's a setting in the MDS Connection Service. I'm on BES 4.1.3, and this is how I get to the setting:
- In the left pane, click on the MDS Connection Service Server (BESNAME_MDS-CS)
- In the right window, click Edit Properties.
- The MDS Properties opens up to the General properties.
- Look to the right for the sub-heading Flow Control.
- Increase the Maximum KB/Connection (according to a RIM rep I spoke to, the max size is 1024).
- Restart the MDS Connection Service.
- Give it a try...
- World Domination!!