BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 31
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default OTA Activation not working... SOLVED!

Please Login to Remove!

Environment - BES 4.0 w/ HF 1 & 2/ Exchange 2000 / 5 7100t all at 4.0.0.198 tmo service. (I did search, didn't come up with anything to help)

The last 2 users/phones I've tried to activate OTA have failed. 1 of the 2 had previously been activated via OTA, however, I wiped and moved it to a new users, and when I tried to activate it failed. I ended up activated through direct connection. I have 2 other users that have been successfully activated via OTA.

My other user that I can't activate is not local so I really need get the OTA activation working. I've done some poking through the logs, SERVER02_MAGT_01_20050509_0001, and come up with this:

[40282] (05/09 11:01:20):{0xFD8} {user5@mycompany.com} Queuing DATA from [email address], Tag=1025508344, EntryId=28920
[40700] (05/09 11:01:20):{0xFE0} {user5@mycompany.com} Receiving packet from device, size=299, TransactionId=-582866415, Tag=1025508344, content type=OTAKEYGEN, cmd=0x3
[40000] (05/09 11:01:20):{0xFE0} *** OTAKEYGEN *** receiving KEY_REQUEST, transID = 1239045500
[40000] (05/09 11:01:20):{0xFE0} *** OTAKEYGEN *** receiving ACTIVATION request, transID = 1239045500
[41079] (05/09 11:01:20):{0xFE0} PagerImp::SaveChanges: changed items = 66, 69, 70
[30000] (05/09 11:01:20):{0xFE0} {user5@mycompany.com} OTAKeyGen Password Expired
[40000] (05/09 11:01:20):{0xFE0} *** OTAKEYGEN *** GenerateMasterKey() failed, error -1
[40000] (05/09 11:01:20):{0xFE0} *** OTAKEYGEN *** sending ABORT_TRANSACTION, transID = 1239045500
[40583] (05/09 11:01:20):{0xFE0} {user5@mycompany.com} Sending packet to device, Size=47, Tag=35400, TransactionId=-1032008705
[40279] (05/09 11:01:20):{0xFE0} {user5@mycompany.com} SubmitToRelaySendQ, Tag=35400
[40000] (05/09 11:01:20):{0x1008} [BIPP] Send data, Tag=35400

When I look at the user properties for user5, Device Status lists "(**Server) Initializing", Wireless Activation Status lists the "Password "xyz" set."

From Generate and Email Activation Password, I receive, "Activation Passwords generated and sent for 0 of 1 selected. Those not sent a new activation password already had a valid non expired password set."

I have setup a IT Policy other than Default which I'm using at the activation policy, however, I believe I've tried default as well and it hasn't worked. The only change I believe I've performed to BES since it has stopped working via OTA is registering the CDO.dll.

If anyone has run into something along these lines or would like to point me in a direction, I'm listening. Thanks! Scott

Last edited by sbpinbb : 05-18-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Veteran User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotwiring another Cessna
Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo
Posts: 3,492
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I find sometimes I need to restart the policy and sync services when activations fail.
Offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

CDO.dll only affects the calendar wireless sync functionality, so don't look there.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline  
Old 05-18-2005, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 31
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My problem has been solved. I contacted RIM and the rep checked many things and informed me I had to apply Exchange SP3 & the latest Rollup to have the most current MAPI.dll, which he expected would cure the OTA problem. I did as instructed, and when I rebooted after, the SQL Server wouldn't start. Next morning I called RIM again, next rep first suggested I would have to completely remove and reinstall SQL Server, import my database and possibly rebuild my BES users. 4 users, not that big of a deal. The SQL thing was going to be an issue for me, however.

Then she said, "let's check 1 last thing. Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn ... now double click on SVRNETCN. What's enabled?"

Nothing... "Enable : Named Pipes & TCP/IP". Saved and SQL Server started right up, OTA then worked like a charm!

Hope this helps someone in the future...
Offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Model: 8300
Carrier: Telus/Bell/Rogers
Posts: 59
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Bfrye... Just wanted to tell you a big tks! Was struggling to solve a activation problem before going to vacation... And... It was those two service that wasnt started! It's woooorrrking!!
Yéé!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.