BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Import statistics - Change BES server name

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry if I'm reposting this, but my search didn't return anything useful. Do you know how I can import user stats (mail sent, received, etc.) and how can I change my BES server name?

Thanks,
Offline  
Old 06-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: Z10
OS: 10.1.0.19
Carrier: Fido
Posts: 1,068
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Default

why would you do that? Changing BES server name? hmmm, easy...re-activation of users, not that easy...
Offline  
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadmin View Post
why would you do that? Changing BES server name? hmmm, easy...re-activation of users, not that easy...
Just curious... I kinda noticed it's not that easy and requires some work.
Offline  
Old 06-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do you want to change the BES Server Name or the Server Name (network / active directory name)?

The latter can be safely done whenever you want ... the former you're OK to do if you're upgrading to 4.x from 3.x.

Exporting and importing stats can be done through the BES Mgr.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
Do you want to change the BES Server Name or the Server Name (network / active directory name)?

The latter can be safely done whenever you want ... the former you're OK to do if you're upgrading to 4.x from 3.x.

Exporting and importing stats can be done through the BES Mgr.
Our AD stays the same, it's the name of the server in BlackBerry manager under Servers. I can't find the option anywhere to import stats, I can select users and go "export stats to file". The only import option I have is Import Filters from File.

I went ahead and restored my db from an earlier backup. When I ran my BB manager it showed the old stats for a few users, not all, and then after a minuted it reverted them all to present stats (stats from the time I reset user stats).

Thanks,
Offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
ashworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 625
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If you want to change the BlackBerry Enterprise Server name you are going to need a 2nd SRP. Then you can install another BlackBerry Enterprise Server into the same configuration database with the name that you want. Once you have the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server up and running you can then move the users over to the new server and then remove the old one.

That is the only safe way of changing the BES name.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Cheers,
Ash


My BlackBerry GPS Golf Application | Mileage Calculator
Offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashworth View Post
If you want to change the BlackBerry Enterprise Server name you are going to need a 2nd SRP. Then you can install another BlackBerry Enterprise Server into the same configuration database with the name that you want. Once you have the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server up and running you can then move the users over to the new server and then remove the old one.

That is the only safe way of changing the BES name.

Hope this helps.
That's what I thought.... thanks a lot.
Offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
ashworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 625
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

And there is no way to import the stats in 4.1

No worries.
__________________
Cheers,
Ash


My BlackBerry GPS Golf Application | Mileage Calculator
Offline  




Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.