We are running ND5 & ND6 with BES 4 SP1 with v4 devices
Our test users are on R6 mailfile designs
The APB issue was resolved with reg hack
Read/Unread marks were resolved via Database Properties
Increased size of MSDE database to 9GB as default setting is is not much more than 100MB.
(Our ND5 Test User has actually never complained about Read/Unread. He is aware that he needs to close Lotus Notes and then use 'Reconcile Now'. He may actually only need to press F9 to send his cached Read/Unread marks to the server)
1. Open regedit.exe. The Registry Editor appears.
2. In the left pane, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In
3. Right-click Server, and then create a DWORD value called
4. On the Edit menu, select New > DWORD Value.
5. In the Name field, rename the new value DisableFailedNotify, and then
double-click the new value. The Edit DWORD value dialog box appears.
6. In the Value data field, set DisableFailedNotify to 1.
7. Click OK.
"Design" tab - ensure that "Do not mark modified docs as unread"" is selected
"Advanced" tab - ensure that under the "Replicate unread marks" section, that "All Servers" is selected.
1. Open a command prompt from the machine running MSDE.
2. Type osql -E and press enter; 1> is displayed.
3. Type alter database besmgmt modify file (name=besmgmt, maxsize=2gb) and press enter; 2> is displayed.
4. Type go and press enter; 1> is displayed.
5. Type exit and press enter to exit out of osql command.
6. Restart the Dispatcher service.