I wrote a button code.
The user clicks.
- Updates their Location document with all the correct details (Might as well do it while we are here)
- Uses their shortname to build a location to place the Local address Book
- Builds the ACL of the Local Address Book so it can live on a server and not everybody has access!!
- Creates the replica on our Address Book Server. If they cannot see this server(global company) then it creates it on their home server. We are then sent an emails advising where it is, so we manually create a replica and ensure the servers are able to replicate.
- The only manual operation is a notice to advise them to File>Replication>Replicate - Select Background replication
(This appears to be the only way to add to the replicator page when creating a new replica from a Local database onto a server. API or LS can be used only from server to local which adds to replicator page)
This has worked a treat.
This also allows us to replace their Address Book on the laptop and setup replication, so they always have access to the same contacts.
We can also now push changes down to their Personal Address Book, by editing their server copy.