I am about to upgrade our Domino 184.108.40.206 (HF2) BES to SP1 with HF1. This will hopefully fix our major problem with not failing over to the clustered mail server.
However, I have seen other posts regarding this causing more problems with APB's. We are getting APB's daily right now on 4.0HF2, is there any info that MORE APB's will result from the SP1 / HF1 upgrade?
There are some threads in this forum on the subject. If you are currently averaging about 50-70 alerts per user...it's not going to change. If more users are added to the BES....then of course the likely incidence of these occurences will tend to increase. There's no direct correlation between SP1 HF1 and the frequency of the alerts.
1. Open regedit.exe. The Registry Editor appears.
2. In the left pane, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In
3. Right-click Server, and then create a DWORD value called
4. On the Edit menu, select New > DWORD Value.
5. In the Name field, rename the new value DisableFailedNotify, and then
double-click the new value. The Edit DWORD value dialog box appears.
6. In the Value data field, set DisableFailedNotify to 1.
7. Click OK.
The reghack to disable APB's was added in 2.2 SP3. It was not up-ported to 4.0 so we are waiting for SP2 to make that happen.
I have made it very clear to our reps that there are two things holding us back from deploying 4.0 to our production attorneys:
1) Domino cluster failover just plain doesn't work, and on top of that it screws up people's unread marks giving them hundreds of messages unread.
2) APB's are not an option. We had to apologize for months last year to our attorneys until the reghack became available; we are NOT deploying to them again without this being fixed. They did not like deleting 10's or 100's of these things even one, and I did not like getting the calls!
So from my end RIM knows this is a production rollout killer issue.
Sorry, I was mistaken. It was put into SP4 of 2.2. (But not included in the 4.0 code) Here is an excerpt from the release notes:
This section lists functional changes for BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 2.2.4 for IBM Lotus Domino.
Configurable message failure notification
You can now control whether you want users to receive an APB notification when
messages cannot be sent to their handheld.
In the registry, under HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Research In
Motion\BlackBerry\Server\ create a new DWORD value called DisableFailedNotify.
• If this value is set to 1, users will not be notified of skipped messages
• If this value is set to 0, or does not exist, users will be notified.