BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 7100x
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bes 4 server sync issues

Please Login to Remove!

Wonder if anyone knows or can help. Have the new blackberry curve syncing directly with bes 4.0 server. The manage here also has a pop account with another ISP. Even though his blackberry is syncing directly with the bes is there anyway for him to also receive his mails to his blackberry from his other ISP pop account?
Offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomback View Post
Wonder if anyone knows or can help. Have the new blackberry curve syncing directly with bes 4.0 server. The manage here also has a pop account with another ISP. Even though his blackberry is syncing directly with the bes is there anyway for him to also receive his mails to his blackberry from his other ISP pop account?
See 1.1 and 1.6 here:
BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org

Last edited by penguin3107 : 08-23-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 06:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 7100x
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
See 1.1 and 1.6 here:
BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
Thanks for this - wonder if you can clarify a bit more for me. Sorry for the urgency as well - ceo going mad here. Ok the blackberry in question is on our corporate BES which obviously he gets his works emails on but he wants his personal email from a different ISP. I understand what you say about corporate IT security policy but if this didnt exist how would you configure the device to get the other ISP emails??? Really appreciate the help
Offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 06:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomback View Post
Thanks for this - wonder if you can clarify a bit more for me. Sorry for the urgency as well - ceo going mad here. Ok the blackberry in question is on our corporate BES which obviously he gets his works emails on but he wants his personal email from a different ISP. I understand what you say about corporate IT security policy but if this didnt exist how would you configure the device to get the other ISP emails??? Really appreciate the help
Visit the BIS site for your provider and set up the additional email account.
BlackBerry - Internet Service Email Setup
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 7100x
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Visit the BIS site for your provider and set up the additional email account.
BlackBerry - Internet Service Email Setup
Nice to see you got out of the right side of bed this morning. I did read your email if you look my provide isnt even listed. I just wondered how it works ie when the email hits your blackberry does it just go in the same inbox etc can
but being polite thank you again for your help.
Offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

BlackBerry Internet Service ?

Depending on how you set it up the BIS will pop your mail into a free mailbox you get with them that'll keep your mail mail available on the BB for up to 30 days. You should call your carrier if you have problems getting this setup as they can help you immediately as you said this is urgent.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.