05-31-2005, 09:01 AM
Join Date: Apr 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Have you installed SP1?
This article applies to:
• BlackBerry Enterprise Server™ version 4.0
• BlackBerry® Router
• Integration with Microsoft® Exchange
After restarting the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the BlackBerry Router service does not start automatically. The Microsoft® Windows® System Log displays the following Event ID 7000:
The BlackBerry Router service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
No cause has been determined for this issue.
Warning: The following procedure involves modifying the computer registry. This can cause substantial damage to the Windows operating system. Document and back up the existing registry entries prior to implementing any changes.
To set up the BlackBerry Router service to start automatically,
1. Stop all BlackBerry services that are running.
2. Open a command prompt and change the directory to Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\ByPassRouter\.
3. At the command prompt, type BlackBerryRouter.exe -remove.
4. Type BlackBerryRouter.exe –install –auto.